Chia seeds are a historical super food that has been used by the Aztecs, Mayans and Incas. In reality, Chia means “strength” in the dialect of the Mayans, and was regarded as running food because messengers would run all day with the help of these tiny seeds. Chia seeds were regarded as medicine and were actually prized more than gold due to their amazing health enhancing attributes.
Chia seeds are high in:
* Calcium, and, best of all,
* ALA, a type of omega-3 fatty acid. (In fact chia seeds have more Omega-3s than any other plant source, including flaxseed).
It’s easy to get confused between omega-3 and omega-6; essentially, omega-3 acids are the fats which are not very easy to find. They’re in fish oils, flax seeds, kiwi seeds, and chia seeds, amongst other things. Omega-6, moreover, is seen nearly everywhere you look: nuts, vegetable oils, avocadoes, etc. As essential as omega-6 oils are to our health, the balance of omega-3 to omega-6 is equally essential. As it is so easy to consume plenty of omega-6, it is very easy to end up with an out of balance intake of the two types of oils, which are also called essential oils. When it comes to the amount of omega-3 oil in many seed oils, the chia seed has the maximum content, just above kiwi seeds, perilla and flax.
An ounce of chia seeds contains 137 calories, and will get you 11 grams of fiber and four grams of protein.
What makes the Chia Seed the super food that numerous claim it to be?
– 30% of the chia seed’s oil is Omega 3 oil. 40% of its oil is Omega 6 oil. This offers the nice balance those who take supplemental Essential Fatty Acids are searching for. The chia seed’s substantially dense percentage in alpha-linolenic fatty acid additionally makes this seed a healthy dietary supply of fatty acids.
– You do not need to grind the Chia Seeds to digest it. It is a relatively easy to digest seed, whereas flax seeds are not. Usually, one has to grind flax seeds to be able to process them in their digestive system. That is not the scenario with chia seeds.
– Chia seeds are a perfect source of protein. They actually have 2 times the protein of other seed or grain.
– They’re one of the best sources of fiber. They are fabulous colon cleansers and actually clear out the digestive tract so that you absorb more nutrients and get rid of waste more efficiently. It also reduces heartburn and indigestion with out risk of dangerous side effects.
– This is a super food for diabetics because they help balance the blood sugar levels.
Whole Fusion Complete Nutritional Food Supplement is a 100% All Natural, RAW, Gluten Free, Vegan, Drink Mix / Protein Powder That Tastes GREAT!Whole Fusion is made with 100% Organic Brown Rice, Amaranth, Golden Flax Seed, Chia Seed, Chlorella Agae, Spirulina Algae, and Quinoa!
– Chia seeds are great for weight reduction because they easily bulk up the food with out changing the taste. Because the carbohydrates re released incredibly slow, it make people feel full. Theyfurthermore bulk up and detox the body of old “junk” so the body can detox and lose weight.
– These tiny seeds have are loaded with calcium, and they also contain boron which is a trace mineral that helps calcium get into your bones.
– This super seed is a seriously potent antioxidant; in fact, it has three times more antioxidant activity than blueberries. Not only does this help you to fight condition and defy age organically, it also keeps the chia seeds from going off like other seeds like flax.
– Chias have 3 more iron than spinach, which is needed to carry oxygen from the lungs into the muscles and organs.
– They’re great for athletes because they are highly hydrophilic. Being hydrophilic means it absorbs huge amounts of water. Chia Seeds can absorb over ten times their weight in water making them a great booster in hydrating our bodies. They absorb the water we drink holding it in our system longer.
– Studies show that eating chia seed decelerates how fast our bodies change carbohydrate calories into simple sugars. This causes scientists to believe that the chia seed may have fantastic benefits for diabetics.
– The chia seed gels when getting wet and this gel, when in our digestive systems, helps prevent some of the food, therefore calories that we eat from getting absorbed into our system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes the chia seed a great diet helper. Eating the seeds also helps dieters by making them feel fuller faster so they will be less hungry!
– Chia is a great addition to a cleansing program. Chia seeds are high in fiber and in healthy oils making them a great addition to numerous detox programs.
For more information on Chia Seeds, please visit our health related website bewellbuzz.com
Bert and Ernie Bento
Image by AikoVenus Read more about it at www.shinsveganloving.blogspot.com/
vegan vanilla chia cupcakes
Image by Jackie Newgent RDN, CDN jackienewgent.com/2014/09/chia-cupcakes/ tasteovers by jackie
Thanks for reading about chia seed on Whole Fusion