Going into a strict living or raw food diet can be quite a struggle for a lot of us mainly because of the tension and stressful conditions that we have to go through on a daily basis. We are also constantly bombarded by a plethora of junk foods and cooked foodstuffs. We are easily drawn to take the path of least resistance, by giving up raw food in favor of processed and junk food items.
One of the challenges that we have to face when starting with uncooked or living foodstuffs is heightened cravings for junk foodstuffs. This is due to the gradual removal of toxins from our body as a direct result of the cleansing action of fresh and living foodstuffs. Aside from the heightened cravings for unhealthy foodstuffs, one may also experience stomach pains, headache and uncomfortable shift to fresh and living foodstuffs. The worst that can happen is the possible backsliding of a person who has already been into uncooked and living eating habit for quite sometime already.
Here are some practical tips that you can follow so that you don’t become prone to backsliding.
Whole Fusion Complete Nutritional Food Supplement is a 100% All Natural, RAW, Gluten Free, Vegan, Drink Mix / Protein Powder That Tastes GREAT!Whole Fusion is made with 100% Organic Brown Rice, Amaranth, Golden Flax Seed, Chia Seed, Chlorella Agae, Spirulina Algae, and Quinoa!
1. Stay away from temptations
Whenever possible, stay away from temptations and minimize those situations that may lead you to your temptations. For instance, if you are going out to buy produce and you suddenly feel the cravings, then you may avoid passing through the candy store even if it means taking the longer route.
2. Always dwell on the consequences of your actions
When you are being tempted or being overwhelmed by your cravings, focus your thoughts on the negative consequences of your actions. Think about all the negative effects these will have on your health and its impact on your peace of mind.
3. Replace your cravings with good fresh and uncooked foodstuffs
If you are having serious cravings for bad foodstuffs then it may be helpful to eat natural snack foods instead. If you resort to this method to control your cravings, make sure that you are eating the substitute foodstuffs within the acceptable limits.
4. Modify your diet to resolve your long term cravings.
If you are facing long-term cravings, then you may consider altering your eating program from restricted eating program to a more diverse one.
5. Observe sensible eating
Eat in moderation, and at fixed and regular intervals. It is also essential that you don’t overeat while on a fresh or living eating habit.
6. Focus your mind to what you are presently doing and don’t allow yourself to get distracted by external occurrences.
7. Link up with other people who share the same passion as you are for uncooked and fresh foodstuffs. You can join and start a new organization or join the existing support group.
8. Follow a standard exercise regimen. Regular exercise is effective in eliminating stress. Aside from eliminating or reducing your cravings, one also benefits from its significant healing power and cleansing properties. You can add meditative types of tai-chi and Yoga.
Following these simple guidelines can help you maintain a happy, healthy lifestyle and ensure a better quality of life.
Chuck R. Stewart asked a professional for advise on eating a diet of only raw food. After this consultation, he is starting to follow a raw food diet.
Image by TED_KANAKUBO
Thanks for reading about raw foods on Whole Fusion