Four years ago, the USDA rolled out a new and vastly improved dietary program known as MyPyramid. It replaced the 1992 Food Guide Pyramid which received a lot of negative comments from many dietary experts. MyPyramid is the brainchild of both the USDA and the US Department of Health and Human Services. The new program is better than its predecessor in many ways. For example, physical activity is now included in the program. Another revolutionary change in the new program is that servings are no longer vague. This time, people are instructed to measure their servings in cups and ounces.
The MyPyramid Food Guide is represented by a diagram or slogan which shows a pyramid with eight, differently colored divisions. There is a person climbing stairs on the pyramid. These things actually correspond to a specific theme that the MyPyramid Plan is promoting. The themes are in the outline below:
* Physical Activity – this is represented by the person climbing the stairs in the drawing. The new plan encourages people to exercise on top of their daily physical activities.
* Moderation – the divisions of each food group show that they narrow from the bottom to the top. A wider base means that this food group should be eaten more.
* Personalization – the program’s website shows ways for people to create their own meals depending on their personal needs.
Whole Fusion Complete Nutritional Food Supplement is a 100% All Natural, RAW, Gluten Free, Vegan, Drink Mix / Protein Powder That Tastes GREAT!Whole Fusion is made with 100% Organic Brown Rice, Amaranth, Golden Flax Seed, Chia Seed, Chlorella Agae, Spirulina Algae, and Quinoa!
* Proportionality – the divisions of each food group in the picture have different widths. This shows that the wider the width or band, the more it should be eaten compared to a food group with a less wide band.
* Variety – each division is represented by a different color. This also represents the variety of food that one should eat.
* Gradual Improvement – the steps and the person climbing the steps symbolizes this theme, which encourages people to slowly but surely make their way towards having great health by following the MyPyramid Plan.
The food groups remain the same with the 1992 Pyramid version. In my opinion, the 2005 program will definitely help people control their weight and become healthy.
Now you want to have more energy, be Healthier, look Younger, lose weight, and cleanse your body, right?
narrative, consumption doodle
Image by Inha Leex Hale plainfront.wordpress.com/2011/01/11/do-i-need-a-narrative...
Marnie doing handclaps, with Nithin Kalvakota on bass
Image by massdistraction
Thanks for reading about food pyramid on Whole Fusion